Quick Summary: We have picked the Tekton ¼ Inch Drive Dual Direction Click Torque Wrench as the best inch pound torque wrench as it comes pre-calibrated and works both clockwise and counterclockwise. The clicking feature alerts you when you have reached the preset torque to prevent over-tightening. These features make it a great tool for home projects.
For any jobs around your home that require tightening, you will probably need a torque wrench. Whether it’s working on bikes, machines or something else, you can always use a good inch pound torque wrench.
The best torque wrenches will click when you need to stop tightening to help you avoid over-tightening and wasting energy when you don’t have to. Others have a laser-marked scale that you need to watch as you tighten.
Some torque wrenches are more durable than others depending on the construction. Some torque wrenches can be used in both directions for added versatility. With some models, you can decide between pre-calibrated options. You’ll probably want a torque wrench that is easy to set as well as easy to read.
The best inch pound torque wrenches will have all of the features you need and then some. But how can you tell which ones are best for you? And how do you know if they will provide all of the features that they promise to deliver?
We have researched many different kinds of torque wrenches to bring you the best of what is available on the market today so that you can make an informed choice to buy the best torque wrench on the market.
- Comparison of 10 Best Inch Pound Torque Wrenches
- Reviews of 10 Top Inch Pound Torque Wrenches
- Final Verdict
Reviews of 10 Top Inch Pound Torque Wrenches
In order to bring you the top inch pound torque wrenches, we considered dozens of models. After reading the ratings and reviews, we finalized our list with the following ten torque wrenches based on their calibration, accuracy, and features that stop you from over-tightening.
1. Tekton ¼ Inch Drive Dual-Direction Click Torque Wrench
What You Will Love: This hand tool is designed with home projects in mind.
The Tekton Dual Direction Click Torque wrench is the perfect design tightening fasteners on bicycles, electronics, firearms and more.
When the preset torque is reached, the wrench clicks letting you know to stop tightening. This feature lets you handle your projects with confidence because you will not be overstressing parts and causing damage.
These click type torque wrenches are pre-calibrated, and it works clockwise and counterclockwise. It is easy to set, easy to read, and comes with a compact storage box. The click is difficult to hear and feel to some people, but most have no trouble with it.
Though this are not the cheapest option, it is definitely not as expensive as other options.
- Perfect for kids bikes
- Clicks when torque is reached
- Works in both directions
- Easy to set
- Easy to read
- May be difficult to feel the click
- More expensive than some options
2. EPAuto ¼-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
What You Will Love: It is a durable wrench that is made from chrome vanadium steel alloy.
The EPAuto ¼-Inch Drive Click is the cheapest Torque Wrench which is durable and corrosion retardant due to the satin finish.
It comes pre-calibrated with a non-slip grip, and a sturdy plastic storage. It clicks audibly when it reaches the preset torque value.
The reversible ratchet is made from steel and drives in both directions though it only measures torque in a clockwise direction.
A few users have stated that the scale is a bit difficult to read, but the low price makes up for that problem.
- Durable wrench
- Corrosion retardant
- Non-slip grip
- Comes with storage case
- Audible click
- Low price
- Scale may be difficult to read
Best Digital Torque Wrench
3. Wheeler 710909 Digital Firearms Accurizing Torque Wrench
What You Will Love: It has a large LCD digital display at the top of this wrench tool that makes it easy to see.
The Wheeler Digital Firearms Accurizing Torque Wrench is a great hand tool that can tighten items within the range of 15- 100 inches per lb.
This tool works great for left hand or right hand threads and works well for repeatable torque settings. It also has an audible indicator tone that tells you when you have reached your desired torque.
While buyers seem to love the torque wrench itself, many do complain about the included bits. They seem to very soft and either bend out of shape or break.
- LCD digital display for easy viewing
- Audible indicator tone
- Range of 15- 100 inches per lb
- Great for repeatable torque settings
- Use for right or left hand threads
- Higher price than some options
- bits are soft and may bend out of shape
Best Dial- Laser Marked Dual Scale
4. CDI 751LDINSS Torque ¼- Inch Drive Dial Torque Wrench
What You Will Love: It has a laser marked dual scale instead of the clicking of most models.
The CDI751LDINSS Drive Dial Torque Wrench is extremely durable and comes with a certificate of calibration.
This calibration is in both the clockwise and counterclockwise directions, and is accurate within 3% of the indicated value.
The dial is marked with a laser, and a metal guard protects it. The most difficult problem with this torque wrench is that it may be difficult to see the dial in some places. It is also pretty expensive.
- Easy to read
- Hard plastic carry case
- Certificate of calibration
- Solid, accurate
- Limited warranty
- Steel handle with rubber grip
- Laser marked scale
- Shock resistant
- May not see the dial in some places
Runner-Up (Best Dial- High Contrast Scale)
5. Stanley Proto J6168F ¼- inch Drive Dial Torque Wrench
What You Will Love: The versatility means that you need less tools to complete a job.
The Stanley Proto Drive Dial Torque Wrench has a high contrast, dual scale that works in clockwise and counterclockwise directions.
The scale is also easy to read in both English and Metric measurements. There is an all steel or aluminum torque transfer so it is a durable hand tool.
- Accurate to 4% of torque reading
- All steel or aluminum torque transfer
- Dual clockwise and counterclockwise directions
- Easy to read
- Expensive option
Best Beam Style
6. Neiko 03727A ¼- Inch 1/4” Drive Beam Style Torque Wrench
What You Will Love: It provides precise torque 0- 80 in/lb.
This Neiko Drive Beam Style Torque Wrench is a versatile home garage tool great for use on bikes, motorcycles, boats, cars, and more.
It is accurate with 4% and usable in both clockwise and counterclockwise directions.
While the price is very nice, the product may not be durable enough. In fact, some users have stated that it has broken during use which caused damage to the item they were tightening.
- Great price, 0- 80 in/lb
- Standard and metric readings
- Versatile uses, accuracy within 4%
- Clockwise and counterclockwise
- More reliable that clicking sockets
- Not very durable
- May cause damage to item you are tightening
Runner-up (Beam Style With Deflection)
7. Performance Tool M195 N-m Beam Style Torque Wrench
What You Will Love: It is easy to use, good for 0- 80 in/lbs, and great price.
The Performance Tool M195 N-m Beam Style Torque Wrench is accurate and is easy to use.
There are some complaints that it is not very durable and does not provide a consistent accurate reading.
As it comes with a lifetime warranty, you can reach out to the company if you find those issues to be true. The price is nice but it needs to be modified before use.
- Lifetime warranty
- Nice price
- 80 in/lbs
- Deflection beam
- May not last long
- Untrustworthy readings
- Likely needs modifications before using
Best Click Style Torque Wrench
8. TEKTON 1/4 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
What You Will Love: You’ll love that this torque wrench unleashes micrometer adjusting so you can tighten what you need without worrying if you’ve gone too far. You can confidently tighten fasteners to a vehicle or equipment manufacturer’s torque specifications, preventing stressed, broken, or poorly secured parts.
The professional construction of this 1/4 inch torque wrench including erosion-safe completion means you have a product that is durable and does the job quickly and easily. The wrench is sent pre-adjusted (± 4 percent exactness) and is therefore ready to use right away.
This gives you accuracy and longer calibration.
The wrench clicks when you attain the desired torque so you don’t have to guess when you’ve tightened enough.
This torque wrench comes with a conversion molded plastic case as well as a handy table chart.
- There is no dial or pointer to monitor – the scale is easy to read, even in dim lighting conditions
- Professional quality construction with chrome covered alloy steel body
- Reversible lock holds for the force setting
- Comes with a double scale force range
- The wrench does not measure torque for both directions of rotation
Best Drive Adjustable Click Torque Wrench
9. NEIKO 03714A 1/4″ Drive Adjustable Click Torque Wrench
What You Will Love: You’ll love that this torque wrench provides a wide variety of settings, including those that are best for all different kinds of small jobs.
This quarter inch pound torque wrench is made with high quality heat treated chrome steel. This maximizes the product’s durability and gives it shock resistance during use.
The heat-treated CR-V steel body delivers excellent durability as well as shock resistance for many types of applications.
This torque wrench is machine factory tested and calibrated to +/- 4 percent to assist in prevention of breaking or over tightening bolts.
This 20-200 inch pound torque wrench has a wide range of torque settings. It can be used to loosen and tighten bolds on cars, motorcycles and small engine repairs.
- Includes harder-to-find types of torque with the quarter-inch drive torque and ratchet.
- Metric conversions are displayed on the tool as well as the case
- You will be able to use a torque wrench that comes with an ABS custom fitted case for safe and convenient storage while providing protection while not in use
- Some users say that this wrench can break even while trying to torque to 5 foot pounds
Best Industrial Torque Wrench
10. Capri Tools 31200 30-150 Inch Pound Torque Wrench
What You Will Love: You’ll love the 100% solid steel construction of this wrench which feels solid and durable in your hand, as well as its custom fitted, durable carry case with handle for easy carrying and storage.
As a testament to the quality of these wrenches, each one comes with an individualized serial number. The premium components and advanced technology are perfect for long-term industrial use.
Dual torque scale
The foot pounds and Newton meters dual torque scale provides a clear reading of the measurement.
Positive locking ring
Simply pull down and release function for a quick, smooth torque selection.
This model is certified +-4% CW/CCW accuracy from 20-100% of maximum torque value.
- Newton meter and 1/4 inch drive with torque range of 2.5 foot to 12.5 foot pounds
- Vivid and clear laser dual torque scale markings and bi-directional calibration
- Non-slip knurled handle for easy and sturdy grip
- Quick release button locks the sockets in place and allows for easy socket switching
- Switch between forward and reverse with simple switch design when working
- The calibration certificate specifies that the device should be recalibrated once each year or every 5000 cycles, whichever comes first
Final Verdict: Best Inch Pound Torque Wrenches
If you are currently looking for an inch-pound torque wrench, research is an important step to ensure you get the best inch pound torque wrench for you, your needs, and your budget.
More Tools Related Articles:
- Best Dual Fuel Generators
- Best Pin Nailers
- Best Palm Nailers
- Top Quiet Air Compressors
- Best Small Air Compressors