The chainsaw is one of the most versatile tools you can own, and it’s also one of the most dangerous. Therefore, you need a chainsaw that’s not only the right size for your needs, but also safe to operate.
With so many chainsaws on the market, choosing the right one can feel like a guessing game. To help, we’ve done the research and rounded up best pocket chainsaws, from corded to cordless, for a variety of applications.
Our Editor’s Best Pocket Chainsaws Reviews
Hooyman Extendable Tree Saw 5 Foot with Lock Back Blade, Impulse Hardened Teeth, Locking Extension System, and Detachable Head Handsaw for Tree Trimming, Cutting, Pruning, Hunting, and Outdoors
The Hooyman 5-foot extendable pole saw is a versatile and easy-to-use tool for cutting branches and limbs. The saw features a high carbon SK5 steel blade with impulse hardened 4-edge teeth for unmatched cutting efficiency and longer cutting life.
The positive locking extension system and ability to collapse the pole make it easy to use and carry in a bag or pack. This saw is covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Read More: Best Long Reach Chainsaws
The Fiskars PowerGear2 Lopper is a great tool for cutting thick branches. The fully-hardened, precision-ground steel blade stays sharp, even through heavy use.
The blade folds into the handle for convenient storage and transport. The blade locks in the folded and unfolded positions for safety. The lopper has a lifetime warranty.
The Silky New Professional Series Folding Saw is the largest folding saw on the market. It allows for 2-handed operation and has a 19.7″ blade with a 10″ cutting capacity.
It is great for use on off-road adventures on snowmobile, ATV, motorcycle, or horseback. It comes with over the shoulder carrying case and has a manufacturers limited lifetime warranty through Silky Saws.
Read More: Chainsaw Vs Reciprocating Saw
This is a saw that can be used for various purposes while out camping or hiking. It is affordable and essential for anyone looking to be prepared for anything while in the wilderness.
The blade on this saw is made from high carbon steel, which is very strong and resistant to bending or breaking. The grip is made from comfortable rubber that will not slip, and the blade lock is very strong and made from hardened steel.
There is no plastic on this knife, so it is very durable. It is 8.25 inches long when closed and 7 inches long when the blade is open. It weighs 0.50 pounds.
This saw is designed to be durable and comfortable for people who are tough on equipment. It is quality tested to ensure that it can withstand rough use.
The Morakniv Bushcraft Survival saw has a 12″ long, curved blade with sharp teeth, making it ideal for cutting through tough materials quickly and easily.
The handle is slip-resistant to ensure your safety while in use, and the saw comes with a scabbard and belt loop for easy transport. This saw is great for a variety of outdoor activities, including cutting shooting lanes, camping, ATV riding, hiking, and more.
What else you should know about pocket chainsaws
1. What are pocket chainsaws made of?
Pocket chainsaws are made of high-strength steel alloy.
2. How are pocket chainsaws used?
Pocket chainsaws are handheld saws that are used to cut through wood. They typically have a small, compact size that makes them easy to carry around, and they can be used for a variety of tasks such as tree pruning, trimming branches, and even cutting firewood.
3. What are the benefits of using a pocket chainsaw?
There are many benefits of using a pocket chainsaw including: –
- They are lightweight and easy to carry, making them ideal for camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities
- They are easy to use and require no special training or skills to operate
- They are an effective tool for clearing brush, cutting firewood, and performing other forestry tasks
- They are relatively inexpensive and can be found at most hardware stores
4. How do pocket chainsaws work?
Pocket chainsaws work by using a chain that is placed around a metal bar. The chain is then pulled through the bar, which cuts through the wood.
5. What are the different types of pocket chainsaws?
The different types of pocket chainsaws are
- Traditional pocket chainsaws: These typically have a two-handed design and can be quite large and bulky.
- Folding pocket chainsaws: These are smaller and more compact than traditional pocket chainsaws, making them easier to carry and store. They typically have a one-handed design.
- Electric pocket chainsaws: These are powered by batteries and are typically smaller and lighter than traditional or folding pocket chainsaws.
There are many great pocket chainsaws on the market. Our list of the best pocket chainsaws will help you save time researching and choosing the right one for you.